Connect Hp Printer To WIFI
Detailed Steps To Connect an HP Printer to WiFi
Are you wondering how to connect an HP printer to Wi-Fi? There is no need to panic when we are with you. At 123 Com Setup, you will find the answer to every HP printer problem and service. So, if you need any help in connecting your HP printer to a Wi-Fi network, you are at the right place.
Life sometimes demands some to-do tasks that are not only fast but easiest too. Thankfully, we have HP printers that are easier to set up and can be connected via different devices. The latest HP printers are coming with the in-built Wi-Fi-enabled techniques, which have made our printing jobs much more convenient. Wireless printers offer massive benefits so that you can print from anywhere and from any device like a tablet or android. Also, they avoid the need for messy series of cables and wires to connect with.
There are numerous ways to connect the HP printer to the devices like Windows computers, Macs, Tablets, or Androids. Although, it depends upon the model and make of the printer to choose the method to connect through a Wi-Fi connection. Here, we discuss some helpful techniques to connect your HP printer to a Wi-Fi network.
- Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi with Auto Wireless Connect Software
- Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi through Wireless Setup Wizard
- Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi using WPS Method
- Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi using HP+ App
- Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi through a USB Cable
- Troubleshooting methods for HP Printer not connecting to Wi-Fi
Find out which method best suits your configuration and connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi. Your printer will support at least one of these methods to your wireless network. Contact our experts at 123.hp.com/setup HP Printer Wireless Setup US for any support during Wireless setup.
How to Connect an HP printer to Wi-Fi with Auto Wireless Connect Software
HP Auto Wireless Connect Technology allows you to connect your printer to your wireless network automatically without attaching any cables or entering your wireless network settings.
Users who have purchased their new HP printer may have the option to connect their printer to Wi-Fi using Auto Wireless Connect Software. However, this will be suitable if the following conditions are met. Here are these:
- You are using Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.5, or their higher version operating system.
- Do not use the static IP address.
- The HP printer must be in the HP Auto Wireless Connect mode. Or you can also reset this setting from the printer control panel using the “Restore Network Settings” or “Restore Network Defaults” option.
- Your computer must be wired to the network, and the wireless adapter is under the OS’s control. Otherwise, the printer will not be able to receive the network settings from the computer.
If you meet the above requirements, you can proceed to connect your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Unpack your printer from the box, plug it into the power source, and follow up on the setup instructions.
- Install the printer software. Visit hp.com/setup HP Printer Drivers and select the “Software and Drivers.” Now select “Printers” to enter the printer model and start to install.
- Now, select the “Network Connection Type (Ethernet/Wireless)” and choose “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended).”
- The software will automatically connect your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network.
If your device or network configuration is incompatible with Auto Wireless Connect, you can try the alternative method explained below.
How to Connect an HP printer to WiFi through the Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard option is available for touch display models only. If your HP printer has a display screen, you can easily connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network using HP Wireless Setup Wizard.
Follow the steps mentioned below to connect your HP Printer to the Wi-F- network quickly:
- First, you must know your wireless network or router’s network name and the password to attempt to log in.
- Now, go to the “Network” menu or touch the “Wireless” icon and then go to “Settings” on the printer’s control panel.
- Then, select “Wireless Setup Wizard” here; you will find the complete list of nearby wireless networks available in the area.
- From the list displayed, select your wireless network’s name, or you may enter it manually. But make sure you have entered the exact word shown on your router.
Now, enter your Wi-Fi router password. This will connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network. However, if something goes wrong, you may print a Wireless Network Test report, which will help you troubleshoot the problem.
How to Connect an HP printer to Network with Wi-Fi Protected Setup
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup is also known as the WPS Pushbutton method. To complete this method, you should meet the following requirements first:
- Both your printer and the router must support the WPS Pushbutton mode. To ensure it, you can check it from the user manuals.
- The router must have a physical WPS Push Button.
- Your Wi-Fi network must be using either WPA or WPA2 security standards. Because if it only uses the WEP standard, the WPS router may not allow you to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network using this method.
Now, if you satisfy the above conditions, we can move toward the steps to get your HP printer connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- On your printer, start the WPS Pushbutton mode. It will generally take 2 minutes to start. You may follow the printer’s manual for instructions on starting WPS on your printer.
- Within 2 minutes, you need to press the WPS button on your wireless router until its light blinks.
Now, your printer is successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network and all set to function normally.
How to Connect an HP printer to Wi-Fi with HP+
This is considered the best and easiest method to connect your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network if your printer is HP+ enabled. So, if you want to connect your printer via the HP+ app, ensure that your printer is HP+ enabled. Currently, the HP+ option is available on HP DeskJet 2000, 4000 series, ENVY 6000 series, OfficeJet Pro 8000, 9000 series, and HP LaserJet M200 series.
Let us see how you can use HP+ technology to connect your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network:
- Unpack your printer and plug-in power cables. This will be followed by inserting ink cartridges and aligning the paper tray.
- Now, download HP Smart App from HP’s website – 123.hp.com/setup or the mobile app store. This app is available for download on PC, Mac, Android, or iOS.
- After downloading HP Smart App, it will search your printer. Now, select your home Wi-Fi network and type the password. This will directly connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
This is simple. Now you are connected. Take print using the app from anywhere, even when you are away from home.
How to Connect an HP printer to WiFi through a USB Cable
The HP printer without the touch display can use this method to connect with Wi-Fi. Remember not to plug the USB cable in until the software instructs you. Follow the steps:
- To start the process, your PC or computer must be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Install the correct and updated printer software on your computer and printer.
- Now, select the “Network” or “Wireless” from the options available and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked, connect your PC to your printer using a USB cable at the back of your printer.
After finishing the instructions, you will successfully connect to the Wi-Fi network. Take a print to test.
Troubleshoot why the HP printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi
Are you facing trouble while connecting your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network? The Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting, and you cannot figure out what the problem is? If yes, then you must check the following reasons that our experts suggest:
- Weak signal
Always keep your printer nearby to the router for a better connection. Weak signals will make the connection process problematic.
- Your printer and computer are connected to different networks.
Ensure the printer or computer is connected to the same network if you are experiencing the connection issue.
- The Wi-Fi password might have changed.
Suppose you have changed your Wi-Fi password and do not remember it. You will need to reset the password. If you need any help in this regard, contact our support team at HP Printer Service Number USA to connect with an agent for guidance.
Best in class Printer Helpline Number
We have covered every possible way to help you connect your HP printer to your Wireless Network on your own. However, you may sometimes find completing these methods impossible or hard. So, if you are looking to troubleshoot HP Printer issues with a wireless connection, you may contact us immediately for technical help. We will provide all possible support from our techies to deal with the problem instantly.
We avoid wasting your hard earned money and time searching for the best printer support services in the USA to resolve technical problems that evolve during the Wireless Connection of HP printers. So, please do not waste time anymore; you are at the right place; connect with us at HP Printer Support US or visit HP’s official website 123.hp.com/setup for instant support of professionals.
Just dial our toll-free number given on the website any time, on any day, and get connected to the technicians directly. Or you may choose to do the Live Chat if the phone facility is unavailable. Here you can do the chat session with the technical experts and ask them to arrange a call back at your convenience.