HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Setup
Configure the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer:
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer is ideal for the home or micro office and small workgroups that need professional quality with powerful productivity and fast functionality. Users can easily print, copy, scan, and fax their documents using this wireless printer, and in this order, it is also easy to set up HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.
It also offers valuable business features like a flatbed scanner, an automatic document feeder for duplex scanning, and a built-in OCR. Although its printing speed is much slower than other office printers, it produces excellent-looking photos with decent colour accuracy, which means it is excellent for capturing small details and colours in documents or pictures.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 offers effortless and fantastic scanning features with an auto-duplexing automatic document feeder that can scan double-sided sheets without manual intervention. Moreover, you can send your scanned documents and photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
In terms of connectivity, it can connect with multiple devices via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and Wireless Direct easily.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer is fully compatible with all operating systems. With the HP Smart app, users can easily set up this HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 wireless printer, scan documents with their camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer is energy star certified and meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency. It has in-built energy-efficient technology designed to use less energy, save money, and reduce your carbon footprint.
Printers like the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 are renowned worldwide for their countless functions, including printing, scanning, copying, and faxing documents and photographs. However, every printer will undoubtedly have some technical defaults. For worry-free printing, every printer needs periodic maintenance and service. Additionally, competent technical support will keep your print equipment operating normally and free of technical issues.
Therefore, we have assembled experts from around the world at 123 Hp Com Setup to offer clients the best and most reliable printer assistance.
Apart from HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Model, 123 Com Setup provides complete and 24/7 technical assistance to various OfficeJet models, such as:
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Setup:
Have trouble deciding how to begin the setup? No problem. Get started with your all-new HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer setup with a comprehensive guide and easy-to-follow instructions. The printer setup is the first step to getting your printer up and running. If you recently purchased a printer and find it difficult to set up or install, you can contact our trained professionals to take expert guidance and help to setup your HP printer easily and quickly.
The Complete Setup Process includes:
- Unpacking your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Hardware Setup, including Cartridge Installation.
- Printer Driver and Software Installation.
- Through the website: https://123.hp.com/setup
- Through driver installation CD or DVD.
- Connecting your printer to Windows PC.
- Via Wireless Connection method, or
- Using USB or Ethernet Cable method.
- Connect your printer to your Mac device.
- Via Wireless Connection method, or
- Using USB or Ethernet Cable method.
- Connect the printer with your Android Phone with HP Smart App.
Let us begin your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 setup journey step-by-step. At any point you feel like taking an expert’s suggestion or technical help, do not hesitate to contact us at our toll-free number on our website.
HP 6978 Printer Unpacking:
Let’s start to unpack your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer with the below explained instructions:
- First, take the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer out of the box and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all blue tape from outside and inside, stickers, and packing material from the printer.
- Now, put aside all the accessories, including ink cartridges, power cord, feeder tray, setup manual, installation CD, etc.
123 HP 6978 Printer Hardware Setup:
The hardware setup of the printer involves the following steps:
- Ensure to put all cords firmly. Plugin the one end of the power cable to the OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and the other to an electrical socket.
- Now align the papers into the tray. Load a sufficient amount of paper into the input tray.
- Please remove the new ink cartridges from the box, and install them properly. After successfully installing ink cartridges, the printer will produce a setup tone.
- Make sure to set up the router near your HP printer.
- Turn on the power switch on your printer, and from the control panel, set country, language, region, time and date accordingly.
Finally, your hardware setup is done. Now, move freely to download and install the compatible printer drivers and software. Printer Drivers are essential for the communication between your print machine and computer.
There are two methods to download the software and drivers; one is using the driver installation CD or DVD that came along with your printer, and the second is through 123.hp.com/setup website. However, it would help if you preferred to download and install the printer drivers from HP’s website to get the most recent version of the drivers.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Software Download and Install:
Once you are done with the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 hardware setup successfully, follow the below instructions to download and install the HP printer drivers on your computer or laptop via HP’s official website:
- Connect your computer to the active internet.
- Go to HP’s official website from any browser and enter your printer model, name and number in the search box.
- After choosing the compatible HP OfficeJet 6978 Printer driver, click to download drivers.
- When the download is completed, save the files to your computer and follow the on-screen instruction to finish the setup.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Driver Download by CD/DVD:
Follow the steps below to download HP OfficeJet 6978 Printer drivers using the CD or DVD that came with your printer in the box. This method is suitable for both Mac and Windows computers.
- Ensure you have turned on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer and connected it with the computer before inserting the CD.
- Please remove the installation CD from the packet carefully and ensure it is free from scratches or other obstructions. If you come across anything similar, remember that you should never use such CDs as they can damage your computer.
- Now, place the CD into the CD drive.
- The installation procedure will begin once you have inserted the CD. Therefore, you must save the file to the C:// drive and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
Congratulations! The printer drivers have now been successfully loaded on your computer. Your computer will automatically detect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer and ask you for the kind of connection. Select a Wi-Fi connection option or a USB one.
Both methods work well with Mac, Windows, and Android devices and are simple to follow. You can easily connect your printer to a Windows PC, Mac, or Android phone using the comprehensive printer setup instructions provided here.
Connect Your New HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer to Windows PC:
Users can connect their HP printer to the Windows computer using either USB/ Ethernet cable or Wireless connectivity method.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Wireless Connectivity:
Here is the step-by-step guide to easily connect or setup your printer with the Windows computer or laptop through the wireless connectivity method:
- First, turn ON your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer and connect via your Wi-Fi network. You can enable the Wi-Fi button on the printer to make it discoverable on the network.
- Now, go to the “Control Panel” of the printer and click to select the “Devices and Printers”.
- A new window will open up. At the top right corner of this window, click on the “Add a Printer” link.
- Select your printer model from the list of printers and click “Next” to proceed further.
- Wait until your HP printer successfully connects to your Windows PC or laptop.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer USB Connection:
Follow the steps to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer to your Windows computer or laptop using a USB connection method:
- Connect one side of the cable to your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and the other end with the computer.
- Go to the “Start” menu and open the “Settings” app.
- Here, click on the “Devices” and the “Printer or Scanner” option.
- Your Windows computer will automatically detect the name of your printer. Click on the name of your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
HP 6978 Printer Connection with Mac:
You have two options available if you are a Mac user and need instructions to connect it with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer. You can either use the wireless connectivity or the USB/ Ethernet cable connection method as you prefer.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Wireless Connectivity with Mac:
Go through the following easy steps to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer with your Mac computer or laptop using the wireless connectivity technique:
- Before starting with a wireless connection, obtain the required credentials such as network name and password.
- Ensure that your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and your Wi-Fi router are connected to the same network.
- Now, go to the ‘Apple” menu on your Mac device, and select the “System and Preferences” option.
- The window will be opened here; click on the “Printers and Scanners”.
- After that, look at the bottom left corner of the screen and click on the “+” sign. This will add up to your HP printer.
- To check whether your connection is made successfully, look for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer connection on the top left side of the screen.
HP 6978 Printer USB Connection with Mac:
Follow these simple instructions to quickly link your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer with a MAC computer or laptop utilizing a USB network connection:
- Connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer and Mac with the same USB cable and turn it on.
- Click on the “Apple” icon, and go to “System Preferences”.
- After that, click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Here, click on the “+” sign to add the printer.
- Click on the “Add New Printer” option to add your printer model from the list displayed on the screen and finish the configuration.
- Finally, check whether you have successfully connected your HP printer with your Mac device.
123 HP 6978 Setup on Android Phone, Tablet or iPad:
With the increased reliance on smart devices in today’s society, HP has made specific HP printer models available that can be connected via smartphones or Android phones and tablets to give its consumers ease of printing. Here you can learn how to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer with your Smartphone using step-by-step instructions:
- Ensure your phone or tablet is connected to the network your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer is connected to.
- Keep the Bluetooth of your phone or tablet ON.
- Open any preferred browser on your Smartphone and search 123.hp.com/setup website to download and install the HP printer app for your phone or tablet.
- You can also directly download the HP Smart App from the “Google Play Store” for smartphones or tablets and the “App Store” on iOS devices.
- Allow your Smartphone to download and install the HP Smart App to setup your HP OfficeJet Pro Printer.
- After installing the app, locate its icon on the screen and open it.
- Now, go to HP Smart Home Screen and click on “Add Printer” to instantly connect the printer with Smartphone or tablet.
- The HP smart App will display a list of available printers on the network. You should select the HP Printer Model you want to set up and click to finish the setup.
With our help, you have successfully connected your Android phone to your HP OfficeJet Pro printer. Contact our helpdesk number if you require assistance or support to receive immediate and trustworthy service from professionals.
How to Fix “HP Printer Offline Problem” using HP Scan Doctor Tool:
HP Scan Doctor Tool is available for free to all HP printer users. It can troubleshoot various printer problems, such as PRINTER SHOWING OFFLINE, and PRINT JOB STUCK IN QUEUE, SCAN ERROR MESSAGES, CORRUPT PRINT DRIVERS, CONNECTIVITY ISSUES, FIREWALL ISSUES, MISSING PRINT DRIVERS.
While our expert team is available 24×7 to help our customers efficiently deal with multiple printer issues, you can opt for HP Scan Doctor Tool to fix printer issues instantly. You need to download the HP print and Scan Doctor for Windows PC and laptops to address several problems.
If your printer is showing offline status, use this application to identify and fix the problem. Let us see how this free tool can improve your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer offline problem:
Step 1: Run the HPPSdr.exe application from the download location and allow it to run. This can be achieved by login in through Administrator mode.
Step 2: Choose ‘Yes’ when prompted.
Step 3: Start the HP Scan Doctor and choose your printer. When the printer is not listed, select ‘Retry’. If you face any connection issues, follow the on-screen instructions stated in the tool.
Step 4: This tool will identify the potential connection issues, if available. When prompted to turn on printer updates, click ‘Yes’ and move further.
Step 5: Make your HP printer the default printer, and click on ‘Yes’ if prompted.
Other fixes are available to resolve the printer offline problem, but HP San Doctor is regarded as the best among them. Still in trouble? Contact us immediately at our toll-free number or helpdesk number in the US.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Troubleshooting:
Need help? Or struggling to resolve printer issues? HP printer users who are facing difficulty in dealing with HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 setup, HP printer driver download and install, HP printer Wi-Fi connectivity issue, 123 HP printer wireless printer setup and so on, should reach us immediately to seek the best and most reliable printer assistance and troubleshoot technical issues associated with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
We are the best in the US, with years of experience troubleshooting complex HP printer glitches efficiently. We have thousands of happy clients who believe in us for resolving their printer problems. We assure you that you will never regret contacting us to get your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One printer problems fixed. Our technician will assist you with a quick solution whenever you contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.